Syrian Arab TV – 25-03-2011
President Bashar al-Assad on Thursday issued the legislative decree No. /40/ for 2011 on adding SYP1,500 (1USD= 46 SYP) to the monthly salaries of the employees, in addition to an increase in the salaries estimated at 30 percent of the salaries which are less than SYP10,000 and 20 percent of the salaries which are estimated at SYP10,000 or more.
The decree states the following:
– The increment will be added to the salaries of all the civilian and military employees who work at the bodies related to the public sector and the joint sector in which the contribution of the state is more than 75 percent.
– All the employees will be covered by the decree whether they are temporary or permanent workers.
-Determining the lowest salary with SYP 9,765 for the employees who work at the public and the private sector, in addition to the employees of the joint sector which is not covered by the basic law for workers No./50/ for 2004.
– The decree will be published in the gazettes and will come into force by the beginning of April.
President al-Assad also issued the legislative decree No. /41/ on granting 1,500 SYP for the military and civilian retirees, in addition to an increase in the salaries estimated at 25 percent.
President al-Assad Issues Legislative Decree on Reducing Taxes on Salaries
The President also issued the legislative decree No. /42/ for 2011 on reducing the rate of taxes imposed on the salaries, and exempting the salaries which are less than 10,000 from any taxes.
The decree states the following:
Article /1/: Amending the article No./68/ of the law No. /24/ for 2003 to become as follows:
1) – A 5 percent tax will be imposed on the salaries ranging from SYP 10,000 to 15,000
2) A 7 percent tax will be imposed on the salaries which are between SYP 15,001 and 20,000.
3) A 9 percent tax will be imposed on the salaries between SYP 20,001 and 25,000.
4) An 11 percent tax will be imposed on the salaries ranging from SYP 25, 001 and 30,000.
5) A 13 percent tax will be imposed on the salaries which are between SYP 30,001 and 38,000.
6) A 16 percent tax will be imposed on salaries between SYP 38,001 and 50,000.
7) A 19 percent tax to be imposed on taxes ranging from SYP 50,001 to 75,000.
8) A 22 percent tax to be imposed on salaries which exceed 75,000.
Articles /2/: Amending the article No. /69/ of the law No. /24/ for 2003 as follows:
The salaries which are less than SYP 10,000 will be exempted from the taxes.
Article /3/: The legislative decree No. /33/ for 2005 will end.
Article /4/: This decree will be published in the gazettes, and will come into force by the beginning of April.
Finance Minister: the increase improves the level of incomes
Minister of Finance Mohammad al-Hussein said that increasing salaries and wages according to decree No.40 aims at improving the level of incomes for all employees, particularly the third, fourth and fifth categories.
“The decree also includes opening the maximum compensations, like the increase of the public sector’s salaries,” the Minister said in a statement to SANA.
President al-Assad Issues Decree on Amending Law No. /41 / for 2004 on Border Areas
President al-Assad also issued the legislative decree No. /43/ for 2011 on amending the law No. /41/ for 2004 which is related to the lands of the border areas.
The decree states that it is not allowed to establish, transport, amend or gain any real estate right on lands existed in border areas, or leasing it for a period of more than 3 years without a license.